Sunday, July 1, 2007

Nude Aunty says: I'm just shooing birds away

30 Jun 2007, New paper

IT was an accident and the birds had to be chased away. So claims the woman when The New Paper asked her about her strange routine.

We approached her just as she had returned home.

Madam Tan (not her real name) was unapologetic. The petite and bespectacled woman was neatly dressed in purple slacks and a matching blouse.

At first, she denied throwing anything.

When pressed, she said: 'Sometimes we accidentally throw something outside. You mean you never accidentally drop things outside?'

Even though we had introduced ourselves and showed our identification, she kept demanding to know who we were and which organisation we were from.

We asked her repeatedly about the water issue, but she denied throwing any water. This, even after telling her that she had been caught in the act and pictures of it had been sent to us.

Instead, she complained about neighbours disturbing her and stealing her shoes.

Then she said, abruptly: 'Now I recall. There are a lot of birds; I have to chase the birds away. The birds always come to my place, I have to chase them away.'

So does she throw water out every time she sees birds?

To that, she angrily replied: 'Your house got no birds ah? Everywhere got birds what, I have to chase the birds away.'

We also told her that people walking by and the neigbours' clothes could get wet.

THEY'RE CRAZY

But she got even more riled up and shouted: 'You think what, I stupid ah?

'I see first lah... I throw this side, never hit people's things,' she yelled and gestured to indicate a direction away from where clothes were hanging.

During the brief conversation, she kept repeating her sentences and often insulted her neighbours.

When asked if she usually undresses in front of the kitchen window, she said: 'Siow ah (crazy in Hokkien), they must be seeing ghost.'

The fiesty woman also said: 'I love Ang Mo Kio... I live here 12, 13 years already, I don't want to move just because people give me problems.'


No comments: