Friday, June 15, 2007

Thumbdrive dead!

I was taking an afternoon nap when SO sms from the office. SO told me the thumbdrive I gave him last week could not be read. That the computer prompted for a F drive.

So i asked him to take it out and plug in again. SO said he already tried that.

I had that 512 Imation thumbdrive for about 2 years plus until last week when SO asked me for a thumbdrive to store a particularly big 170mb document.

Yeah...i just tested that thumbdrive on my laptop and Mac, and it just couldn't be read.
It's dead!

So the advice is ...next time ...Back up...Back up...Back up!

When i bought the thumbdrive, the packaging did mention there is a life time warranty for the product. But for something that is worth...what...less than $15 now, is it worth while to make a trip to wherever their service centre is, wait for repairs and then make a trip back?

And besides, is the lifetime warranty even applicable here? Or is it only valid for the country of manufacture?

I gave SO my new 2 Gb thumbdrive, I still have another 4 Gb thumbdrive which we bought from popular last week for $65.

No comments: