Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Photo Sharing Sites

The other day i discovered this new photo sharing site, YouREP with 2Gb memory space.

YouREP stands for You Represent. Anyway, it is still in beta stage. And I am wary of these beta sites.

I am still testing YouREP. So far so good. They do allow photos of quite sizable portions.

----------------------------------

The other time, i used another photo sharing site, Esnips also in beta stage. And after not logging in for few weeks, I found out that I just could not logged in anymore! And even after i clicked on the "Forgot Password" column, and changing my password, i still cannot get into my folders! Damn! All those photos and videos are lost somewhere!

The site do offer an attractive 5 Gb memory. But TRY AT OWN YOUR RISKS! Dun say you have not been warned!

Below is the email response they sent me after i emailed them my problem.

---------------------------------

Dear user,

Did you use the virification email to activate your account?

First of all let's make sure you haven't gotten the confirmation e-mail: Please go to the junk mail folder in your e-mail account and look for the confirmation e-mail there (your anti-spam software might have sent it directly to your 'junk mail' folder).

If the e-mail is nowhere to be found, try signing in to your eSnips account again, to prompt resending the confirmation e-mail.

If you don't receive it the second time (don't forget to check the junk mail folder), and have another e-mail account, I recommend that you open a new account with the other e-mail address.

(Preferably not a hotmail or your internet provider e-mail account).

Kind regards,
Meital Bichler
Technical Support

----------------------------------

What do they mean by open a new account? What about my old account? When a site loses the content of their users, they lose their credibility! And if it can happen once, it can definitely happen again!

And do they think I am some sort of retarded idiot? Of course, i read the verification email they sent me, clicked on it and changed my password! But the problem is that I still cannot logged in after that! All it appeared on screen is a blank page!

And they even spelled "verification" wrong! Where is this site operating from?

---------------------------------

Update: Jul 2007

I have tried accessing the website of YouREP for quite a few days now. I think the website is GONE! So much for beta site!

Screw you, You REP!

I will never trust another beta site again!



No comments: