Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Broadband Bandwidth Doubled!!

I just received a letter from my internet service provider, informing me that my broadband bandwith is now doubled with effect from 31 May 2007!

My current broadband plan is 1500 kbps and will be upgraded to 3 Mbps at no extra cost!

All i have to do then is simply log off and then log on again to my system on 31 may 2007 to start surfing with the new speed. There is no change to the contractual period though. I just renew the one year contract in Mar 2007.

I wonder if there is any hidden catch? Would my bandwidth speed really increase?

Presently, my bill for broadband comes to around $43 per month for an unlimited 1500 kbps plan. My contract is only for one year cos i did not want to tie down to a 2 year contract. So far, this is the beginning of my 2nd year with this internet provider.

I did not sign up for a higher speed plan cos i dun do online gaming. Most of my surfing is limited to web sites and email.

Prior to broadband, i was still using the 56K dial up plan. I thought i was saving money, cos i was only paying $20 plus a month. However, my phone bill did came up to about $40 or more per month.

Now I am only paying $43 for my broadband and about $5 for my phone bill. So there is a bigger savings than before after all and my downloading speed is also so much faster.


No comments: