Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ms Japan won Ms Universe 2007!

Ms Japan, Riyo Mori, won Ms Universe 2007!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last year, Ms Japan, was placed 2nd. And the last time, Ms Japan won Ms Universe was in 1959. That was a long long time ago.

Here are the Top 5 for 2007.

5th - USA
4th - Korea
3rd - Venezuela
2nd - Brazil
1st - Japan



Ms Riyo Mori seemed to be very Japanese, judging from the question below from the Ms Universe website.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was born and raised with my younger brother in a small town called Shizuoka at the base of Mt. Fuji. Shizuoka enjoys a very mild climate and is also near the sea. As nuclear families have become the norm in Japanese society, I feel very fortunate to have been raised by both my parents and grandparents under the same roof. I grew up in a very supportive and loving family, always surrounded by many energetic people since part of my house served as my mother's dance school.

Interestingly enough, my mother entered a local beauty pageant when she was in her twenties and, although I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, my maternal grandmother told me when I was a child that she wanted me to become Miss Japan before I turn 20.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



---------------------------

Ms Japan 2007 speaks fairly decent English in her video interview. I have seen how some Japanese speak English and somehow, they speak like some primary school kid, even after years of english classes.

Personally speaking, I dun find this Ms Japan very attractive. I mean she's attractive enough but she looks like any other Asian woman.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In any beauty pageant, there are what i classified into 4 categories of beauty.

1. Plain
2. Attractive
3. Very Attractive
4. Stunningly/breathtakingly attractive.

For me, Ms Japan is just attractive.

It has been a while since an asian won the crown and it is about time. After all, isn't it tiring to see similar Caucasian winners all the time?

And yah....did you know Ms America fell during the pageant? Either she was too nervous or her head was held too high in the air!

If you ask me who should win Ms Universe 2007, how would i know? I dun watch such shows!

Personally i dun watch beauty pagents. They bored me to death. I am simply not interested to watch a bunch of women wearing thick makeup, parading around.

I am also not a fan of football matches. I failed to see the thrill of 2 groups of guys trying to kick a ball into a goal post!

And another thing i dun watch is awards presentation show. Firstly, such shows are simply too long and I just dun have the patience to sit through a 2-3 hour show to watch famous people get awards.

Oh ya...another thing i dun watch on TV is those charity donation shows. I mean i would donate but i dun quite like the idea of celebrities risking their limbs to raise funds for any worthy cause.

Other than that, i pretty much watch everything else.


No comments: